Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Random Thoughts

It’s often hard to write something that is well-worded, insightful, and funny at the same time. More often than not I have failed at accomplishing that. Blogging is not like a college essay: there’s no introduction, middle, and conclusion. One can try to do that but it seems that it’s artificial and not in synch with the fast paced medium of the internet. Posts tend to be more like glimpses into a person’s mind at a particular time. That’s what I’m trying to do here: write about whatever comes to my mind, whenever. Luckily, my head is always preoccupied with one of six main categories:
Sex
Politics
Pop culture (music, movies, celeb gossip)
Fashion
The dismal state of the world today
Literature

I don’t want to sound shallow and I recognize that some of those categories are not exactly scholarly pursuits but it comes with the territory. I’m not a one dimensional person and I don’t have any one interest. I’m also a product of a society obsessed with image and beauty but I call myself a feminist. Luckily, the two are not mutually exclusive anymore. I can fucking love to get dolled up and take an interest in international politics at the same time. Being intelligent and pretty (or so I’ve been told) can co-exist somewhat peacefully.

No comments: