Thursday, May 22, 2008

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

I have a not-so-well-kept secret: I'm obsessed with beauty products. You name it, I have it: eyelash curlers, several tweezers, eyeshadows, lotions, perfumes, blushes, bronzers, and too many lipglosses to even keep track of all of them (I routinely find some long-lost shade at the bottom of a stashed bag.)

A trip to Sephora is akin to a spiritual journey. I giddly anticipate the moment when I'll be surrounded by all those fabulous beauty products, all available for my testing pleasure. And once I'm there....ah, beauty Nirvana. Of course, I end up leaving the store with about 5 different shades of lipstick piled on top of the other. I haven't met a lip product I haven't liked. In a way, lipgloss to me is like men: I waste my time and money on a whole bunch but always end up holding on to just one or two of them (which I keep in rotation- also very similar to guys.) I admit, it might be a problem. At least I know what I like. After much trial and error I found certain things that are like the Holy Grail of beauty for me. There's no one brand that I truly prefer to others but I do gravitate towards NARS products. They have some pretty suggestive names and that's probably why I like it, aside from the outstanding quality of the products.

Some things I can't live without:
NARS blush in Orgasm, Deep Throat
NARS lipstick in Belle de Jour
NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight
Maybelline mascara (yes, the cheapie drugstore kind is the best)
BadGal BadLash mascara (for special occasions)
Sephora black eyeliner
L’Oreal black liquid eyeliner
SPF all year round, baby (seriously)


Everything else is replaceable and exchangeable. Don’t care must for a particular brand of eyeshadows, I just use whatever I’m in the mood for. Sometimes it’s purple and pink, sometimes shimmery brown, gold, or even moss green.
Red lips aren’t for me. They require too much maintenance. I love a smoky eye…that’s my thing- dark eyeliner with superlong lashes and a nude lip. It’s the rock’n roller in me, it can’t be helped. Enough rambling for now and apologies form the extremely self-indulgent post. Actually, nevermind...you had a choice, could have not read this til the end.

2 comments:

Arria Marcella said...

Everyone needs Nars blush in Orgasm. Though I must disagree on the mascara choice. Chanel makes an excellent one as does Dior with Diorshow.

Amanda said...

Sunscreen is my religion. All 4 seasons, rain or shine. It's on my face.