And now something completely different. In my constant struggle to avoid work (it takes more stamina and perseverence than one may think), I came across Bret Michaels’ list of top summer songs on People.com. It’s wonderfully bad! I mean, he fulfilled the stereotype of a stripper-loving, meathead and his choice of music in no way detracts from it.
1.Sweet Home Alabama- the only song I can actually get behind. This is in fact a classic.
2. You Shook Me All Night Long- maybe if I’m seriously sloshed
3. Anything But Mine- Kenney Chesney who? Oh right, that dude who married Renne Zelwegger for a hot minute.
4. Feels Like Tonight- Daughtry…barf
5. Cowboy- Kid Rock was last popular….never?
6. Photograph/Rockstar- Nickelback embodies everything wrong with the music business today.
On a side note, he is and was so horribly unattractive. He wasn't hot even during Poison's heyday. Give me Jon Bon Jovi anytime. And what is up with the bandana/extensions combo? Even though the guy's a total douche his show is endlessly entertaining. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Rock of Love 3 because I want to see how they're going to top Rock of Love 2 (maybe all the contestants will be strippers/porn stars?)