Monday, June 30, 2008

Silly Fashion


I love questionable fashion trends. And I’ve succumbed to quite a few of those in my teen days: tie-dye shirts, Buddha beads, feathered shrugs (eeeek!), oh and those so ubiquitous clunky black platforms that make orthopedic shoes look positively sleek.
In more recent times I’ve toned it down a bit but I still veer off to the left side of crazy every once in a while. I purchased a pair of Ziggy Stardust-worthy silver leggings that I’ve only worn once tho I still really really want to wear them again. Some trends tho, I covet but know better than to try since I’m pretty sure it’s all going to look very silly 6 months from now.

Jumpers/Onesies/Rompers- whatever you want to call them they’re still the same. I tried one on at H&M and was so enamored with it that I almost bought it. Almost. Alas, I didn’t have any money at the time which in the end was Godsend because now I’d be running around in a black linen jumper with 50-dollars less in my bank account. I don’t know why they appeal to me so much…maybe it’s my inner-child that wants to get out

Latex Leggings- again, almost bought a pair from AA last winter. Rihanna rocks them, that’s for sure. I’d look ridiculous because I’m not a pop star.

Open-toed booties- they look cute on all those fashionistas out there in LA but seriously they’re not practical. It’s either your toes are freezing or the rest of you is sweating. They’re not waterproof either.

Super-strappy sandals- while I wholly embrace the gladiator sandal, some just go way way way too far with the trend….like 15 straps too far. Mary Kate and Ashley are fans (seriously, I wrote “are A fan” as if they were one person). Don’t attempt unless you’re an Olsen.

No comments: