Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

First off I guess I should apologize for the expletive-filled previous post. I was very angry and frustrated by United Airlines. Thankfully, that whole nightmare wasn’t an indication of how the rest of the trip turned out to be. And I ended up on a flight pretty soon after the post…in first class, no less. Holy shit, they have glasses made out of *real* glass, not plastic. I officially reached baller status!

OK, so 2008 is here. Time for resolutions, right? Please, don’t make me laugh. What’s the point of them? Most people break their resolutions anyway so making them in the first place is just wishful thinking (not to mention a waste of 5 minutes.) As if some arbitrarily appointed time reference is somehow going to affect our willpower! I’m most annoyed with people trying to lead a healthier lifestyle…because ringing in the new year with a boozy party is definitely the best way to start off on the right foot. Two years ago in college I actually stuck to the healthy thing…for about 2 weeks. Then school started and the late-night debauchery began. Complete with 3 AM fast food runs. Since then I just gave up on it. And so should you! Living a life of moderation is best left for the 40-something crowd. You’ve got your whole adult life ahead to be responsible so enjoy a little irresponsibility while you still can.


Now *that’s* a resolution I can stick to!

No comments: