Monday, January 19, 2009

Domestic Goddess



In my continuous quest for procrastination I baked a cake today. Actually, that was not my intention. I went to the supermarket to buy some hot cocoa mix because it's one of those days when hot chocolate would be perfect (hot chocolate+Property hw+ Jack Bauer= yess!) But alas, product placement...the baking goods aisle is so enticing. I picked up a lemon cake mix and vanilla frosting. Now I'm not one for baking...I figure, why do it yourself when you can buy it? But there's something so satisfying about MAKING something yourself. It kinda just tastes better (even though in reality it might not!)

1 cup water + 1/3 cup oil + 3 eggs+ cake mix+ 350 degree oven +30 minutes = delicious looking golden cake

Verdict? Pretty darn good. The lemon flavor was not too strong, however. I think next time I'm going to add some lemon juice and lemon zest in order to amp up the citrusy taste.

No limbs were lost in the making of this culinary creation.

1 comment:

ger said...

Yay, Angst in the City is back!
I was worried you'd died.